Sunday, June 26, 2016

IT'S FERRY TIME!

DAY 80

WEDNESDAY 22 JUNE 2016

PORT ANGELES TO VICTORIA (BC, CANADA)

1030 - 1545

10.51 km (6.53 miles)
Av. Speed: 11.4 km/h (7.1 mph)
Max. Speed: 54.7 km/h (34 mph)
Time On Bike: 55m 02s

After one last sleep in the U.S of A this time around, I was up and about early to return the Kia Soul downtown, which also afforded the opportunity to purchase my ferry ticket for the 12.45 service to Victoria.

Back at the ranch, I packed my kit up and was out on the street by 10.30, farewelling my great hosts Celeste and Bob before departure.


ME, BOB & THE BIKE (CELESTE ABSENT...)

It had been a fun 48 hours or so in Port Angeles and I was extremely happy with how much I'd managed to fit in.

I'd covered some 435 miles in Kia Soul, so it had more than done its job.

With still a couple of hours to fill in, I dropped into the Cornerhouse for one final breakfast in Port Angeles before heading down to the ferry terminal to prepare for the 90 minute crossing to Canada.


THE CORNERHOUSE DID EASILY BEST BREAKFAST IN PORT ANGELES AND ARGUABLY THE BEST I'VE HAD ANYWHERE ON THIS TRIP 


The crowd had gathered by 12.30 for boarding and unlike the previous ferry trips I'd taken to and from Seattle, I was loaded with walk-on passengers this time instead of motor vehicles.

Once on board, I actually slept for at about half the crossing but wanted to grab one last photo on the way across.


SO LONG TO PORT ANGELES AND THE USA, THIS TIME AROUND....

CANADA

After 11 fabulous weeks traveling up the west coast of the U.S.A , it was time to leave and cross into the 2nd and final country of this tour and World Country No. 30 on my all time list, Canada.

This is the penultimate 3-week section of my current adventure, whereby I will be visiting firstly the British Columbian capital, Victoria and then cycling a 10-day section of Vancouver Island before crossing over the water yet again and pedaling southwards towards my final destination of Vancouver.

There is due to be an amount of travel by ferry over the next couple of weeks as multiple water-crossings in this part of the world necessitate their use, which I'm sure will add to the adventure.

I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment